Golf carts are an excellent way to get around and enjoy the outdoors. They are comfortable, easy to drive, and reliable. However, there is one area of golf cart maintenance that is often overlooked batteries. Many people choose conventional lead-acid batteries for their golf carts, which can be hard on the environment and expensive over time. Lithium golf cart batteries offer many benefits over other energy storage devices such as AGM or gel-cell batteries. Here we will explore why lithium battery systems are better than different types of rechargeable power sources used in golf carts today:
Golf Battery Voltage
48-volt lithium golf cart batteries are crucial because they determine your battery’s size. For example, a 48-volt golf cart battery is larger and heavier than a 12-volt golf cart battery. It also has more capacity, stores more energy and lasts longer than a lower-voltage alternative.
Because of this, it’s essential to understand how to determine the voltage to find the right fit for your vehicle. Here are some tips for choosing between 12- and 48-volt lithium batteries:
- Determine voltage first by measuring the size of your current battery and comparing it with both types’ dimensions (measurements may differ by brand). Once you know whether you have either type already installed on board, you’ll be able to decide whether or not those measurements will fit nicely inside the space they need to go before shopping around for replacements!
Lithium Golf Cart Batteries
48-volt lithium batteries are more powerful, higher, and better than AGM batteries. It is because the battery cells are enclosed in a case made of plastic instead of glass. The plastic makes the lithium battery-less susceptible to damage from impact or shock than an AGM battery would be if it were not inside its metal case. The lithium golf cart also has superior starting power for your ride on your electric golf cart. It can deliver a full charge at higher temperatures than an AGM battery can provide.
Suppose you want ultimate performance from your golf cart or another electric vehicle. In that case, it’s time to consider turning over the keys (or button) to one of these high-quality 48-volt lithium-ion batteries that have been designed specifically for use with these types of vehicles, so you don’t spend all day looking into ways how to make sure they stay charged up when using them!
AGM Golf Cart Batteries
AGM golf cart batteries are more expensive than Lithium batteries, but you also get what you pay for. AGM batteries last much longer and require little to no maintenance. In addition, AGM golf cart batteries can withstand a more comprehensive temperature range from -40°F to 140°F (-40°C to 60°C). It makes them ideal for cold climates where Lithium batteries may fail due to freezing temperatures or high heat conditions that would cause Them to overheat and become damaged in the summertime.
AGM golf cart battery technology is superior in performance and lifespan compared to any other type of lead acid battery on the market today. They have an extremely low internal resistance, allowing them to operate at higher voltages while maintaining low amperage draw rates, making these ideal power sources. Combined with an inverter system like our Magnum Energy 2700 watt portable inverter generator system, they will provide enough power so your family can still enjoy their outdoor activities even if there’s no power available nearby!
Warranty and Durability
- Lithium batteries are more durable than AGM batteries. They have a longer warranty period, and they need less maintenance.
- AGM batteries are better for cold climates. They don’t become discharged as quickly in colder weather, so they last longer before needing to be recharged.
- AGM batteries are also good in extreme heat because their electrolyte won’t evaporate as quickly when the temperature gets too high. It can happen with lithium batteries if they’re exposed to temperatures over 110 degrees Fahrenheit (43 degrees Celsius).
Lithium batteries will cost you less money in maintenance and repair costs over time. Because they are more durable and have a lower self-discharge rate, you won’t need to perform as many repairs on them. They also have a longer lifespan than AGM golf cart batteries and don’t require charging even after sitting unused for long periods like their lead acid counterparts.
The bottom line is that lithium golf cart batteries are more efficient than traditional lead acid ones because they don’t lose power over time or get damaged by excessive discharges/recharges (if anything, this will improve performance).
Lithium is more powerful, higher, and better.
- Lithium batteries are reusable and rechargeable. They last longer than traditional lead-acid batteries, which means you’ll spend less on replacements over time.
- Lithium batteries are more powerful, have higher capacity, and perform better than AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) or Gel Cell golf cart batteries. They have a longer lifespan than other golf cart battery systems and can be recharged up to 1000 times!
- The lithium-ion battery is the most efficient battery for powering electric vehicles with enormous capacity load demands like an electric golf cart because it has high energy density but weighs less than comparable lead acid or nickel metal hydride (NiMH) systems per kilowatt hour of stored electrical energy at 5 pounds versus 12 pounds for a typical lead acid system or 10 pounds for NiMH type cells. It makes them lighter, reducing overall vehicle weight while maintaining adequate power levels necessary during normal operation.
We hope that you’ve found this article helpful and informative. We know there are many other things to consider when comparing lithium ion golf cart batteries to AGM, but we want you to be able to make an informed decision about what type of battery is right for your needs. Looking for 48 volt lithium golf cart batteries? If yes, don’t worry; contact Deep Cycle Systems for high-quality batteries at an affordable price.