Deep cycle battery systems for solar are essential to off-grid and hybrid solar systems. Solar batteries are a vital part of any solar system. They store the power that your solar panels produce and deliver it to your home or business so you can use it later. You can use solar batteries to help ease power outages, power appliances during them, or both. There are two main types of batteries: flooded lead acid (FLA) and gel/AGM batteries, with lithium-ion (LiON) also becoming more popular in Australia these days. FLA batteries are still the most common type used by households, but they’re not without their problems – they require regular maintenance and have a limited lifespan compared to LiON systems which can last up to 20 years!
Deep Cycle Battery Systems for Solar in Australia
A deep cycle battery is a rechargeable battery that can discharge much lower than conventional batteries. Most starter batteries are rated for 30-40% discharge, while deep cycle batteries can handle 80% or more. In addition, you need to know that there are two types of deep cycle batteries: flooded and gel. The most popular solar panels in Australia use solar photovoltaic (PV) technology and can generate electricity from sunlight using semiconductors such as silicon or cadmium telluride. These panels convert the energy from photons into direct current (DC), which an inverter converts into alternating current (AC).
Choosing the Right Battery for Your Solar System
Choosing the correct battery for your solar system is an important decision. The size of your battery bank will depend on the amount of power you need to store. You’ll also want to consider capacity (amp-hours), voltage and charge controller type, and installation and maintenance requirements.
We have put together some helpful information on these topics below:
- Battery Bank Size: How much power does my battery bank need to store?
- Battery Bank Type: What type of batteries should I choose for my solar system?
- Capacity: What amp-hours should I choose for my deep cycle battery for the solar storage bank?
- Voltage: What is a nominal voltage, and why does it matter when choosing deep-cycle batteries?
- Charge Controller Type: Is there more than one type of charge controller available for use in solar power systems?
- Installation Requirements: How do I install a new deep cycle battery bank at home or onsite at work or school?
- Maintenance Requirements: How should I maintain this new installation, so it lasts long enough to pay off?
Why should I buy a gel battery over an AGM battery?
GEL batteries are more resistant to vibration than AGM batteries, which makes them a better fit for solar energy systems in Australia. Gel batteries also have a greater depth of discharge than AGM batteries, so they can simultaneously handle larger loads. When figuring out how many solar panels you need to power your home or business, it’s essential to consider the size and type of battery that can store all that extra energy. Generally, a new gel deep cycle battery is better suited than AGM batteries for solar applications because they are less susceptible to shock or impact damage. Especially during transport or installation – and have no risk of acid spills like with an open cell lead acid battery.
Why Should I Buy Lithium-ion Batteries Instead of Lead Acid?
Why should you consider lithium-ion batteries?
- Lithium-ion batteries are safer. While lead acid batteries are more efficient in the short term, they can be dangerous due to the possibility of a potentially explosive overcharging condition. In addition, they are using toxic materials to make them that may require special transportation and disposal procedures.
- Lithium-ion batteries have longer lifespans than lead acid ones do: They can last up to three times longer at a partial state of charge (SOC), which is ideal for solar installations where the power demand fluctuates throughout the day. These batteries have lower self-discharge rates and don’t need to be fully recharged after every cycle as lead-acid ones do. Instead, you can leave them partially charged at all times without affecting their lifespan or performance as long as you keep them within their operating temperature range (which means no storing them outdoors in Australia).
- Lithium-ion units also offer higher energy densities than their counterparts—this means that they store more power per unit volume or weight when compared with other types of good deep cycle battery storage systems like lead acid ones! So not only do they last longer, but they hold more capacity per kilogram too! It makes them lighter on your wallet and back because less material needs to be used during manufacturing while still providing enough juice for even larger solar installations without worrying about running out before dinner time.
DCS Deep Cycle Battery in Australia
The Dcs Battery Company has been a leader in the battery industry for over 100 years. We are a leading manufacturer of solar panels and batteries. Our team of experts has partnered with Coronal Energy to create a new lithium-ion battery that will help you maximize your solar power generation capabilities. We provide the best 12v deep cycle battery for solar to supply power to the modern electrical systems of boats and automobiles. Our high-quality dry cell deep cycle battery is suitable for many industrial, commercial and residential applications. Our high-quality small 12 volt deep cycle battery is popularly used in automobiles and boats to light up their electrical system.
We are the one-stop solar battery shop!
We are the one-stop solar battery shop with the best prices, warranty and customer service. Our batteries are of a higher quality than other brands and last longer. DCS lead acid deep cycle battery price ranges from 650 AUD to 2799 AUD. We also stock solar panels, inverters and racking that are all high-quality products at affordable prices.
Solar battery solutions
Solar batteries are a great way to store your solar power at night or when there’s not enough sunlight. We’ll explain how they work and discuss some of the different solar batteries available today. We are the best solar battery solutions provider in the whole market in Australia.
We’re here to help you make the right choice for your solar battery. Whether you need a deep cycle system or something smaller, we have it all! We can advise you on how best to use your batteries and keep them running in top condition for as long as possible. Don’t hesitate to contact the most renowned solar battery supplier today if there’s anything else we can do for you!